It is a fact that people don’t buy just a house – they buy a whole package. This includes the neighborhood, schools, commute to work, cost of repairs and updates, among others.
For those home buyers with families, a great school is probably high on their “must-haves” list. Fortunately, St. Petersburg has many great public and private schools.
Here is a sampling of some of the best.
- Admiral Farragut Academy: Pre K through 12. Rooted in the tradition of military and boarding schools, the academy puts character education front and center. It has a student body from across the country and around the world. Exceptional learning experiences in the classroom as well as hands on.
- Canterbury School of Florida: Canterbury is a private school offering pre-K through high school classes, located on Snell Isle. Its strengths include a unique marine studies and diving program, and a focus the arts and music.
- Pasadena Fundamental Elementary School: K through 5. It is one of the highest ranked elementary schools in the city. While many elementary schools have had to cut arts programs and extracurricular activities, Pasadena has active band and chorus programs.
- Shorecrest Academy: Private – Grades K through 12. It is a college preparatory school known for its rigorous academics and enrichment programs in the arts.
- Petersburg Collegiate High School: Charter School – Grades 9 through 12. SPHC was awarded a Bronze ranking in U.S. News and World Report’s ranking of Best High Schools for 2014. Students earn college credit while still in high school. It is located on the Gibbs campus of St. Petersburg College.