Guest bedrooms are a welcome message to your visitors. They are a reflection of your hospitality and sense of style.
Here are a few essentials to create the perfect retreat for your overnight guests.
- Start by clearing the clutter: If your guest room is being used as a catch-all space (the norm in most homes) clean and declutter the room before your special visitor arrives.
- Put together a welcome basket: It can hold towels, bottle water, chocolates, soap or any number of things. The idea is to show you care.
- Add books: It can sometimes be difficult to get to sleep away from home, having books and magazines can be a helpful diversion.
- Paint the room in neutral colors: This will help when decorating. You can change the spreads, linens, towels and accessories anytime you want and not have to worry about a color scheme.
- Crisp linens: These are must in a guest bedroom. Sumptuous pillows, sheets and covers will make your guests feel they are in a boutique hotel.
- Alarm Clock: Many people have cell phones that have alarm settings, but just in case, it’s always nice to provide one.
- Extra Hangers: It’s important that guests be able to hang up certain items of clothing. For some things, hooks are fine but for others, make sure that you’ve cleared out space in a closet and have provided some extra hangers.