One room where every household member can benefit from holistic living and design is the bathroom.
And, with some well-planned and well-equipped upgrades, you can easily transform a plain space into an oasis for relaxation
Here are a few tips you might want to consider.
- Feel the comfort: Quality towels, bath rugs and flooring are a must. Give yourself and your family the best when you upgrade these items to high quality organic or natural fabrics and materials. Some in-demand upgrades include heated flooring, towel warmers, designer soap dispensers and toothbrush holders.
- Add plants: Houseplants are nature’s air purifiers, so this is one upgrade that looks great and makes sense. Potted plants can transform your bathroom into a tropical paradise. Low light bathrooms with small or frosted windows pose no problems for many houseplants; and, the high humidity in an average bathroom makes it a perfect environment for many varieties.
- Luxuriant lighting: Suitable illumination facilitates makeup application and shaving, while softer lighting enhances a luxurious soak in the tub. Sconces or above-the-mirror lights can provide illumination in work areas. Dimmable overhead canister lights will allow you to achieve maximum brightness when you need it, and a softer glow when you want to create a mood.
- Create “Me” time: Relaxing music with a sound system, aromatherapy shower diffuser, DTV and advanced showering system, artesan soaps, lotions and water steam all lend themselves to a spa experience in the privacy of your own home.
- Calm colors: The effect of color on mood is well documented. Consider the flooring and cabinetry as foundations for your color scheme and choose neutral, natural tones like creams, tans, light browns or pale grays. For walls choose traditionally calm hues like gentle blues, seafoam greens, barely there lavender or even faintest yellow.