Lifestyles by Estelia… October Happenings in St. Petersburg
For my second October Happenings post I am pleased to share local business updates as well as information on upcoming events of some our civic and non-profit organizations.
I encourage you to check out their websites for details, and be sure to let me know if you participate in any of the activities. Your feedback is important. You can reach me at 727-686-2859, email at Estelia@kw.com or post a comment.
- 10/4: St. Petersburg’s Woman’s Club: Moving Outdoors Expo: Free home show event featuring the latest equipment and tips in walking, running, swimming, biking, golfing, gardening, etc. Live demonstrations and food.
- 10/4: St. Petersburg Preservation Society: Saturday Morning Historic Walking Tours. Tour begins at 10am and last approximately 2 hours. Tour changes each month.
- 10/4; 11/1 and December 6: Albert Whitted Airport Preservation Society: Monthly Pancake Breakfast in the Hangar Restaurant from 8am to 11am.
- 10/11: Suenos de Dali – “From Barcelona to Paris: A 1920’s Bohemian Soirée” (www.thedali.org) 8pm to Midnight
- 10/14: Women’s Service League: Monthly Meeting at the St. Petersburg Yacht Club – 11:30am. Reservations required.
- 10/15: St. Petersburg Preservation Society:Final Twilight on the Town walking tour of the season. Begins t 6pm at Café del Mar (243 Central Avenue).
- 10/16: Women’s Chamber of Commerce: Monthly Meeting at the St. Petersburg Country Club. Please note meeting location changes monthly. 11:30am. Reservations required.
- 10/16: Museum of Fine Arts: Porch Party. 5:30pm to 7pm.
- 10/24: St. Petersburg Preservation Society: 2014 Annual Preservation Awards at Studio 620.
Business Updates of Interest
- There’s a new Publix on the horizon at the corner of 4th Street and 38th Avenue, N. It is scheduled to open within the next few weeks.
- Trader Joe’s much anticipated opening at 4th Street has been moved back to early 2015.
- Sundial’s October Openings include: Florida Jean Company, L.O.L. Kids, Tracy Negoshian, and Jackie Z Style Co.
- ABC Wine (3500 block of 4th Street, N.) is undergoing a major remodel. Owners say that the store will remain open throughout construction.
- Saturday Morning Market returns to Al Lang Field on October 4th from 9am to 2pm. Urban Gypsies will be performing. Our Saturday Morning Market is the largest in the southeast U.S.!
FYI: October 6-12 is FIRE PREVENTION WEEK. Many of the firehouses will be open for tours and special events on Saturday, October 11th. Call your local station for details.