Lifestyles by Estelia… Remodeling Mistakes to Avoid
For those of you contemplating a remodeling project, my advice is to do your research – a lot of research so you know what you want before you talk to an architect or contractor. Interview at least three contractors and architects until you are satisfied that you’ve chosen the right team. After all these people are going to part of your life for a while and everyone needs to work well together. Next think about “green” materials and sustainability. Stay away from plastic and stick with reclaimed wood and natural stone. You’ll end up with a better product.
- If your kitchen is well-planned with good countertops and appliances, you’ll get your money back.
- Invest in a quality front door – it affords great curb appeal.
- Simple brushed stainless and porcelain light switch plates are assets.
- Carrera marble
- Hardwood flooring
- Separating the shower and tub. Home remodelers say the latest trend is to ditch the tub altogether, or to keep it separate from the shower;
- Multi-head showers; and
- Framed Mirrors. Adding furniture-style elements is still a hot trend in bathroom remodeling – a framed mirror helps accomplish the look for little money and effort.