Pet Friendly St. Petersburg!
This has become one of our hottest topics when looking for a place to call home. The Mesimer Team absolutely understand that your family also includes those with 4 legs and a wet nose. It’s a requirement for those who are active with their pets to know that they are accepted outside of the walls of their home, and may be a deciding factor when choosing a new home.
Pet-Friendly Communities: For those of you looking to move into a place that has a condo association, there are normally restrictions as to how large and how many pets you can have, or if they even allow them at all. When speaking to your realtor about what requirements you have for your next house, make sure you let him/her know that you do have animal/s and their approximate weight. It’s going to be more difficult to find a condominium that accepts larger animals than it would be to find a home in a similar price range. Most Homeowners Associations do not have restrictions on animals living in their community; they just ask that you don’t run a breeding facility or any business venture using your pets as income. Some communities even accommodate homeowners with a dog park, giving “Fido” a place to run around and release built up energy. Simply ask your realtor which communities have this feature. If it’s a requirement, please make sure you have communicated this.
St. Petersburg’s “Paw” Parks
- Walter Fuller Dog Park: 7901 30th Avenue, N. Fenced in park includes a separate area for small dogs, drinking fountains, fire hydrants and nearby restrooms for humans.
- Kenwood Dog Park: 401 20th Street, N. Your pet will thank you for the chance to run and play off-leash at this friendly, fenced park.
- Northshore Dog Park: 7th Avenue & Northshore Drive, NE. Both dogs and their owners are known for being friendly and well-behaved at this fenced, off-leash park located near the waterfront.
- Crescent Lake Dog Park: 1320 5th Street, N. This fenced, off-leash dog park includes fire hydrants for your dog to investigate, and drinking water is available.
- Coquina Key Dog Park: 3595 Locust St SE. This off-leash dog park includes drinking fountains and fire hydrants. Fences are six feet, so you needn’t worry about your pet getting loose.
- Lake Vista Dog Park: 1401 62nd Avenue, S Your pet will love to play off-leash at this 1.5 acre, fenced dog run with water fountains. There’s even a time-out area for over-excited pets.
- Fort DeSoto Park: named by Coastal Living Magazine as one of their 6 Favorite Dog-Friendly Beaches.
Dog Owners Guide to Saint Petersburg, FL, US: Need help deciding where to stay, play, or eat with “Fido” in St. Petersburg? Get the scoop on our favorite pet friendly hotels, dog friendly activities as well as restaurants that allow dogs by clicking on Saint Petersburg, FL, US Dog Travel Forum
SPCA Dog Walk: The 23rd Animal 3K Pet Walk is scheduled for Saturday, October 12th in downtown St. Petersburg’s Vinoy Park. For information call 727 499 0364 or visit www.SPCATampaBay.org
Post Your Pet Photo: Above are a couple of pictures of my family pets….. Angel and Koda. Pretty adorable, don’t you agree? If you have a favorite photo of your precious pet, please send it along.
The Florencia, a high-rise residential tower in the heart of St. Petersburg’s downtown, is the pre-eminent residential address on St. Petersburg’s picturesque waterfront. It provides location, view, and convenience to the fifty households who reside there. The Florencia offers 24-hour concierge service, high speed elevators, luxurious meeting rooms, a fitness center, heated pool and spa, steam rooms and saunas, as well as a fine billiards room, a library, a television center, and a full kitchen for residents’ party use. With Tampa Bay spread before the building to the east, the Florencia lies within a short walk of the Vinoy Resort, numerous marinas, many parks, county buildings, the Albert Whitted Airport, The Dali Museum, The Mahaffey Theater, the St. Petersburg Yacht Club, the Morean Arts Center, Chihuly Glass Gallery and sightseeing opportunities like the Trolley and Bay boat tours.
The Florencia is located at 100 Beach Drive NE, one block west of the St. Petersburg waterfront, and one block north of Central Avenue. For more information on this beautiful community, please call me or visit my web site. I’ll be waiting!