We have all heard the old adage that you only have one chance to make a first impression. It’s true. And, the first impression in real estate starts with proper pricing and professional photography. These two factors are key to a successful sale in the shortest time for the highest price.
Initial pricing and presentation
It is statistically proven that properties sell quicker and closer to the initial asking price if the home is priced closer to estimated market value.
Listing a home at a higher price for a long period of time is never in the seller’s best interest. A house is more desirable when it’s fresh to the market.
The hardest thing for most sellers to come to terms with is separating the emotional attachment to their home, and bringing a business mind set to the transaction. It’s important to set the tone for realistic expectations on the sellers’ part by letting them know their first offer will typically be their best offer.
Professional quality pictures
90-percent of the home buyers start their search online. Sellers must be ready and that’s why Estelia and her team always recommend the property be made photo shoot ready, which means having the home clean and de-cluttered inside and out. A listing should never go live on the internet without photos.
Here are some other tips from The Mesimer Team on selling your home:
- Tidy and improve landscaping
- Paint the house and install new shutters, if needed
- Make sure the front door is clean as it sets the stage for a home
- De-clutter, de-personalize and accentuate the positive
- Painting the interior a neutral color can make a dramatic difference
- Make sure the kitchen is sparkling clean
- Clean out your closets, wash the inside and paint a bright white. Then only replace about 1/3 of your clothes
- Wash windows and remove furniture to create more room; and
- Replace plants/landscaping to increase curb appeal.